How to Export Audio (and Video) from YouTubePublished 2013-3-29
Watch on YouTube: youtu.be/bKGrK8TWIWo
First off: I don't recommend downloading audio from YouTube because the quality is often absolutely wretched. I only use it as a last resort for stuff that isn't in the iTunes or Amazon store. It's such a better deal to pay $1 for a song than to get a crappy version.
That said, here's what you do:
Download the Video
- Get Firefox
- Install the Firefox Video DownloadHelper plugin
- Find the song you're looking for on YouTube
- Click the down-arrow on the Video DownloadHelper button (just left of the address bar).
- Select the highest-quality mp4 video file (or webm or 3gp if you can't get the mp4)
Export just the Audio (QuickTime)
- Open the video with QuickTime, if you can
- From the File menu select Export
- Choose Audio Only as the format
Convert (Transcode) to another format (VLC)
- Get the VLC Media Player
- Open the video with VLC
- From the File menu select Streaming/Exporting Wizard...
- Progress through the next, next stuff, selecting the desired format
By AJ ONeal
Did I make your day?
Buy me a coffee